Remember: To be well prepared for a trip to the mountains doubles the fun. To enjoy nature, make sure you respect the following tips:
- Think of the environment: Take nothing but impressions, leave nothing but footprints.
- Respect the local weather forecast and avalanche report. Listen to locals’ advice and warnings.
- Equipment: Take sturdy shoes as well as weather-proof, warm clothes. Make sure you take enough food and drinks, some bandages, and a trail map (ideally 1:25’000).
- Attention: A smart phone does not make your journey safer. It only makes you take more risks. You will encounter places with no reception in which your phone will be of little use.
- Follow the marked paths.
- Watch out for snow slides and avalanche deposits. There could be cavities underneath.
- Take regular breaks. Hydrate often – even if you are not really thirsty.
- If the weather changes suddenly: Go back immediately or look for shelter.
- Show consideration for other hikers and travellers.
- Do not take risks, do not wear yourself out; turn back in time.
- Follow regulations (for example in nature reserves).
- Be cautious with fire! It is best to not light a fire at all.
- Keep dogs on a leash.
- Use public transport for the journeys there and back.
- Always close pasture gates and fences behind you.
- Cattle on pastures: Keep dogs on a leash. Keep 50-100 metres away from herds even sheep with a shepherd dog.
- Unexploded ordnance: Do not touch them. Mark the location and call the police.
WanderungThis circular hike offers a matchless sight on the Rhone glacier, to lake Grimsel and across the area of Obergoms. It starts at alpine Furkapass and first a gentle pathway that becomes steeper leads upwards to Tällilücke. A short length still further upwards you reach the Tällistock. Then the ...
WanderungFlowered natural meadows, bright larch forest and alpine flora rich in species accompany you on the way to unique Münstiger sun terrace. The hospitality of mountain hut Galmihorn and 360° broad panorama reimburse you for the effort of climbing up. The wilde and romantic Bächi valley welcomes ...
WanderungThe Gommer Höhenweg, first Premium Trail of Switzerland, leads from Oberwald to Bellwald - along the sunny side of high mountain valley Goms. As a comfortable one day hike of Gommer Höhenweg the section from Oberwald to Münster can be chosen.
WanderungOn hot summer days you might want to hike this perfect pathway, Gommer Waldweg (forest path). In the cooling shadow of trees you hike across sun-drenched Obergoms and listen to the murmur of the wind that moves through the forest. Ideal to let the soul relax. You can choose each stage of the forest ...
WanderungThe more or less even pathway Rottenweg, alongside young Rhone river is perfect to explore Obergoms. At one point across wide meadows, at another point through sparse forest the Rottenweg leads from village to village. This pleasant hiking path therefore really invites to discover gastronomy of ...
WanderungToday you like to fly high! Searching freedom on mountain peak and vastness of broad panorama above the alps. At your feet the young Rhone river flows embedded in beautiful valley bottom of Obergoms. Heavens Blue reflects itself in impressive Distel lake. The effort pays itself off!
WanderungYou like to hike across the Galebrunne? Please explain The local people describes Galebrunne as the alp that, after an immense rock fall, sits highly enthroned above the talus of Ritzingerfeld. Like from an eyrie you enjoy a gorgeous sight into the beginning of Rhone valley at your feet and across ...
WanderungThe Furka Höhenweg (Swiss Regional Route Nr. 51) leads in two stages of Andermatt over the Furka pass to Oberwald. The stage Andermatt - Furka pass leads past the rocky south-eastern slopes of Urserental and grants keen sights to Hospental and Realp and the historic Furka steam train. Alpine ...
WanderungThe forest road is not laid out very steeply and in several turns we slowly walk upwards until the avalanche barriers. The pathway again gets steeper and smaller. After approx. 3 hours in total we reach the Galehitte, an old alpine buildung made from stone. This place is also used by hang-gliders as ...
WanderungOur trails begins at Reckingen train station and leads to picturesque wooden bridge over the river Rotten. Here we follow the guidepost for the hiking trail in direction to Mannlibode. On a small road we reach small river Blinne which we cross and follow for a few hundred metres. In a clearing the ...